Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good grief ......


I'm ready to buy my island - but using the old store I don't know how long it will take to get delivery. So I'm still working on textures.


To give myself a break from plants I've been gathering the textures I want for the "bones" of the island. I knew what I wanted for the roof of the few buildings I'll have and had prepared myself for a lot of frustration in creating seamless textures.


I found some instructions and walked through them a few times, mentally preparing myself before opening my photo editor. And lo and behold I found a button - just one button is needed to create a seamless texture.


So once again I feel stupid - but this time I look like I know what I'm doing. :)


I use Corel's product and I guess I'd better explore those drop down menu's and see what else is in there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi. this probably won't help much with roofs and such, but it might help in some ways, maybe wallpaper? its a online flash application that makes seamless stripes (or tartan, theres a link to go to the tartan side) and you can make diagonals too. when you're done you get a nice little jpg you can import to SL.
http://www.stripegenerator.com/

-Aisuru Rieko

Honour McMillan said...

Thank you! I'll check that out. :)