Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh dear

I had this really finicky job to do in my photo editor ............ so I left SL open in another window, put on my headphones and listened to the music stream at my place. I hadn't listened to it before - it was there when I moved in. Turns out it's a new age stream. I figured it couldn't hurt - and I wouldn't be bopping to the music so my hand might stay steady.

The music was mostly really enjoyable - melodic, not offensive. There were a few pieces where I'm sure the chorus was grinning and elbowing each other ..... "Can you believe they're paying us to do this?" At least, I assume they got paid. But then I think the same thing about a lot of pop groups.

Then this woman started to sing. Now according to the lyrics, she must have been on some really interesting drugs ......... for a long time. See - she just realized that "we are all earthbound". And this was a really traumatic realization. It was so traumatic that she had to repeat this fact over and over and over and over and over again.

It's just one song right? I can survive that. Except it was followed by an instrumental. An instrumental with a melody almost exactly the same as that woman's cry of angst. So of course the lyrics to the first one fit the second one exactly. For the entire instrumental I'm hearing in my head "we are all earthbound" over and over and over and over and over again.

I really hope she goes back on the drugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad that I am NOT earthbound. :) I am virtual. It's a whole different reality. :) /me sings flying songs in your ear.

Honour McMillan said...

you are soooooooo in trouble!