Monday, March 7, 2011

Extraordinary Parallel Worlds in Second Life

It's a good thing I don't think of myself as an "artist" because if I did the art I encounter in Second Life would quickly disabuse me of the notion. The installation I visited today would have made my ego go crawling off into a corner somewhere and suck its thumb.

Parallel Worlds by Claudia222 Jewell can be found far above Farstar New Earth. Set your sun to "midnight", put on a flight assist or feather (one is included with the notecard for those who don't have one) and teleport up to a truly superb creation.

I took dozens of photos but won't try your patience with them all (I did add some onto Koinup though). :) It's worth flying around and changing your angles to appreciate all of the wonder that she has created.

I am often inspired by a photograph I've seen on Koinup to go exploring in Second Life. On this occasion I watched a machinima by gaiaclary and had to go find the build. The combination of artist and machinimatographer was impossible to resist. Watch it yourself and then go visit Parallel Worlds.


No comments: